Friday, August 5, 2011

Superman Revealed!

So we now have a look at the new Superman from Zack Snyder's reboot:



Check it out! With this one picture we've seen this guy in costume more than we saw Tom Welling in one through 10 seasons of Smallville! Yeah, I went there.

Even though this film is two years away (Summer 2013), I'd say we're off to a good start with this look. No, it's not the Christopher Reeve suit--it leans more toward the "Superman Returns" look, actually--but at least it's not some absolutely crazy variant like the first X-Men film.

Snyder did a killer job with Watchmen and kept it close to the original concept in many ways. I'm confident he'll give us something good here as well. The thing he's got going for him is the fact that the comic book hasn't blown people away in a while (we'll see how it goes after the reboot, but "Grounded"? Not that great), so this may be the thing to jump start interest in the character again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was never big on Superman but... I absolutely love Zack Snyder. What he did with Watchmen was unbelievable. I think his vision for Supes will turn me into a fan! Great site by the way!

Unknown said...

What's with his hair...? It looks like crazy George Reeve hair from the 50's. I agree, if Snyder can do for Superman what he did for Watchmen, then I'll be a happy guy...

William said...

This looks cool. Henry Cavill was my favorite actor on the Tudors (which aired on Showtime for 4 seasons, for those who don't know), so I've been looking forward to seeing how he does portraying Supes since I heard he was cast. I also like the look of the costume with the big "S" symbol and all. From the looks of that pic, it would appear that Snyder is going to ramp up Superman's badass quotient.

However, we might as well not get too worked up for this one just yet. Two years is a pretty good long time to wait for a movie.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin